Website NewVoicesRJ New Voices for Reproductive Justice
Summary: New Voices for Reproductive Justice (NVRJ) seeks an experienced, effective, and creative Community Organizing and Engagement Manager with 5-7 years of experience in grassroots organizing.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, or Cleveland, OH with frequent travel to both state capital cities, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Pittsburgh or Cleveland (depending on where you live).
About New Voices for Reproductive Justice:
New Voices is a leader in the Reproductive Justice movement. With nearly two decades of experience in identity-based and issue-based leadership development, community engagement and organizing, and state and federal level policy advocacy, New Voices is the only Reproductive Justice organization in Pennsylvania and the first in Ohio. Our mission is to “Advocate for Black Women, femmes, and girls in Pennsylvania and Ohio through community organizing, leadership development, and voter engagement.” New Voices’ work is firmly rooted in the Reproductive Justice framework, and our programming reflects our mission. New Voices’ core issues include voter engagement, abortion access, and environmental justice.
About the position:
The Community Organizing and Engagement Manager is responsible for supervising, training, and developing 3 organizers. This position is part of the management team of the organization, and is supervised by the Deputy Director.
- Develop and implement organizational on-the-ground base building efforts, leadership development training, culture change initiatives, and miscellaneous activities.
- Develop and implement strategic national, state, and local organizing strategies and initiatives in collaboration with the unit director.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with federal, state, and local policymakers
- Organize and facilitate regular meetings and organizing activities including but not limited to governance meetings, communal spaces, teach-ins, and direct actions.
- Develop and manage local, state, and national community organizing campaigns based on organizational issues, strategies, and objectives in collaboration with unit director.
- Facilitate execution of mutual aid efforts to constituents through organizational programming, digital organizing, community partnerships, and miscellaneous activities.
- Implement and monitor effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of organizing campaigns, base building strategies, and direct actions.
- Represent New Voices at organizing-associated community events, town halls, meetings, conferences, press events, coalition gatherings, and miscellaneous activities.
- 5-7 years of experience in grassroots organizing;
- 3-5 years of supervision experience with demonstrated experience in developing staff organizers;
- Experience working in and with state and issue-based coalitions;
- Strategic, innovative thinker with superb oral and written communication skills;
- Entrepreneurial, results-driven, energetic and ability to maintain grace under fire;
- Must be extremely comfortable with public speaking and presentations when representing NVRJ, able to cultivate and maintain strategic individual and institutional policy partner relationships and demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to effectively discuss Reproductive Justice and the health and well-being of Black women, femmes girls & folx with diverse audiences;
- Demonstrates discipline and motivation in completing designated projects;
- Exhibits the ability to work independently and possess excellent time management skills;
- Must be reliable, organized, creative, flexible, collaborative, resourceful, and able to multitask;
- Demonstrates passion, enthusiasm, motivation, commitment, integrity, humor, optimism, positivity, and the ability to inspire others to engage with New Voices;
- Valid S. driver’s license;
- Reliable access to a reliable car preferred but not required;
- Experience working in Pennsylvania and/or Ohio politics preferred but not required;
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish, French, or Haitian Creole preferred but not required;
Salary and benefits:
Salary: $65,000-$75,000/year, depending on experience and location.
Benefits: New Voices for Reproductive Justice provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k, generous paid time off, and 11 paid holidays.
The work schedule can at times be greater than 40 hours per week and includes evening and weekend meetings and events, as necessary. It is not a strictly 9am-5pm position.
To apply: To apply, fill out the application form found here.
New Voices for Reproductive Justice is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse staff which is representative of our community base is essential to fulfilling our mission. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual abilities, qualifications, and the needs of the organization, and without regard to race (including hairstyle/texture), color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, language fluency except as required by job responsibilities, Native American or First Nations tribal membership status, or marital status.
Black women, girls, femmes, and gender expansive folx are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.newworkingmajority.com.