About People’s Action/Institute
People’s Action Institute (501c3), and sister organization People’s Action (501c4), are national progressive organizations supporting the mobilization and leadership of the grassroots in support of an agenda that reflects people over profits. People’s Action/Institute builds the power of poor and working people, in rural, suburban, and urban areas to win change through issue campaigns and elections.
With offices in Washington, DC, and Chicago, IL, and remote staff across the country, we support and advance state-based and national fights for progressive policies on the environment, decarceration, health care, economic security, housing, education, and more. Our member organizations, nearly 40 organizations across 30 states, improve lives by running local- and state-level issue and electoral campaigns, leading statewide tables, and collectively coming together to change national policy and politics.
People’s Action/Institute has a track record of leadership in coordinating field mobilization and advocacy in advancing an array of issues at the local, state, and federal levels. Our member organizations have won important victories at the national, state, and local levels, including health insurance for millions and the reversal of health care laws that discriminate based on citizenship, stopping Wall Street banks from selling predatory payday loans to their customers, and historic legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act to victory and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
For more information on PAI, please visit https://peoplesaction.org/.
Are you excited about leveraging data and analytics for social change? Do you want to make progressive campaigns more efficient and impactful? Are you intellectually curious and enjoy finding solutions to new problems and needs? Keep reading.
Overview of the Position
The primary function of the Data & Analytics Manager is to drive data-driven decisions across the organization and grow the data capacity of our network. In doing so, the Data & Analytics Manager will work with national and state staff to conduct analysis, develop dashboards and reports, and provide data-related training and support.
What you will do (responsibilities):
Data Analysis and Targeting
- Provide programs with the information, analysis, and universe creation/targeting necessary to make informed data-driven decisions;
- Evaluate and report on the success of direct voter contact, email, social media, website, online ad content, digital advocacy programs, and other external data;
- Create dashboards and reports measuring indicators of performance across the organization;
Data Capacity and Infrastructure
- Serve as national VAN and EveryAction administrator and provide frontline support to national and state staff;
- Train national and state staff of varying backgrounds and levels of experience on data management and analysis;
- Implement strong data standards, manage data syncs, maintain list hygiene, and perform data enhancements;
- Standardize and document code, workflows, and processes;
Other Duties as Assigned
The ideal Data & Analytics Manager should have the following experience and qualifications:
- Three or more years of experience working in community, labor, or electoral organizations working with poor and working-class people in a data or technology-related role.
- Strong commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice and their intersections, both inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to work with diverse people and organizations;
- Ability to communicate data simply and effectively;
- Experience administering and supporting a national VAN instance;
- Strong knowledge of voter file data and common voter contact and digital advocacy tools;
- Strong knowledge of SQL and statistical methods;
- Experience with reporting tools such as Metabase, Sisense for Cloud Data Teams, or Tableau;
- Experience with cloud-based data-warehouses such as Google BigQuery or Amazon Redshift;
- Curiosity about the possibilities and insights that can be gleaned from Big Data;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in environments with multiple stakeholders, frequent change, and diverse objectives;
- Excellent strategic thinking, operations, quantitative, and qualitative skills;
- Ability to gather and synthesize information from a wide variety of people and sources;
Compensation and Benefits:
Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt, benefits-eligible
Salary Range: Level D – starting salary is $76,750, commensurate with experience.
Location: Can be based in our Chicago, IL office, Washington, D.C., or remote locations may be considered.
Reports to: Data & Technology Director
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Medical, and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account, 401(k) plan, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 11 paid holidays plus the last two weeks of the year that include Christmas Eve/Christmas Day as well as, New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day, and you accrue two weeks of vacation your first year of employment.
Commitment to Disability, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
People’s Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer; women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQI people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to travel requirements and in-person interactions during employment, candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated (Two Doses of either Moderna or Pfizer Vaccines or One Dose of J&J as well as all appropriate booster doses) against COVID-19 before commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit peoplesaction.bamboohr.com.