Website Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Collaborative (MOVE)
About MOVE and MOVE Action
The Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Collaborative (MOVE) is a nonpartisan hub providing strategic and technical support for grassroots organizing groups committed to voter engagement. MOVE’s role is behind-the-scenes, supporting existing movement organizations in developing and executing strategic integrated voter engagement plans. In doing so, MOVE coordinates the largest volunteer-led 501c3 integrated voter engagement program in Missouri.
Missouri Organizing and Voter Engagement Action (MOVE Action) fills one of the most significant gaps in Missouri’s progressive movement – providing a c4 data hub and coordinating backbone for organizations committed to 1) winning on major progressive campaigns in any given cycle and 2) building long-haul power towards political transformation in Missouri. Working through member organizations, we are building independent political power that drives integrated voter engagement programs across strategic regions and constituencies in Missouri to win on progressive ballot issues and priority campaigns.
This role will support both organizations.
About the Position
Data is one of the most important and powerful ways we support grassroots organizing and electorate transformation. The Data Manager is a key position that bridges data and tools with MOVE member organizations as they work together to achieve collaborative voter engagement goals. The person in this position will provide support to 8-12 member organizations with data administration, basic training on field tools, and technical assistance to successfully implement their voter engagement work. The Data Manager will report to and work in close collaboration with the Civic Engagement Data Director
Tools, Tracking, and Reporting
- Support member organizations’ access to and use of voter program tools to support, enhance, and execute programs.
- Build reports, internal tracking systems, and other tools to support key programs within the collaborative
- Support the creation and implementation of a post-election program reporting template with member organizations.
- Work closely with organizations in an identified region of the state, doing coordinated work in key moments.
- Support the Civic Engagement Data Director in compiling and making sense of relevant data to support strong strategic decision-making towards powerful program development.
- Provide direct troubleshooting and support as needed.
- Support program team in implementing large-scale coalitional field infrastructure across member organizations, as needed, in campaign moments.
- Manage reporting and analysis across multiple field activities, including but not limited to initiative petition signature collection, GOTV, and deep canvassing
- Strong data management skills.
- Extensive experience with the VAN (Voter Activation Network), VoteBuilder or other civic engagement platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Excellent training and coaching skills, particularly in communicating technical subjects to non-technical audiences. The ideal candidate will have an organizer’s mindset and strong technical skills to develop new data staff and program staff in data skills.
- Base knowledge of how to read and understand voter, demographic, and other data sets. The ideal candidate will have experience in synthesizing complex data to develop an analysis.
- Strong sense of ownership and resilience, including planning and finding alternative paths, when needed, to get to the finish line.
- Minimum of two cycles working in field/data/organizing. Experience with grassroots voter engagement is a plus.
- High levels of organization and task management
- Nimble and comfortable adapting to change
- Must have a driver’s license, valid auto insurance, reliable transportation, and personal cell phone
- Ability to travel frequently and work nights and weekends
- Discretion and political acumen
Additional Preferences, but not requirements:
- Experience with either Python, SQL, R, GIS Mapping, or other coding languages
- Knowledge of dashboard tools like Google Data Studio or Tableau
- Working knowledge of Every Action
Flexible within Missouri, though regular travel to Kansas City, St. Louis, and mid-Missouri locations will be required.
Competitive salary based on experience, with a floor of $50,000. Full benefits package included. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to MOVEHiring@MOVEMO.org.MOVE Action believes that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to MOVEHiring@MOVEMO.org