Website LawyersComm Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law is one of the nation’s leading national racial justice legal organizations. Formed in 1963 at the request of President John F. Kennedy, the Lawyers’ Committee uses legal advocacy to achieve racial justice, fighting inside and outside the courts to ensure that Black people and other people of color have the voice, opportunity, and power to make the promises of our democracy real.
The Human Resources Manager – Talent is primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of recruitment for staff positions as well as internships and fellowships while assisting with other HR activities as needed. The Human Resources Manager – Talent will manage the overall recruiting and hiring process to ensure searches are handled in an efficient and timely manner in compliance with all District, state, and federal laws. They will also assist with employee training.
This is a full-time, exempt position, non-union, based in Washington, DC., and works under the supervision of the Director of People and Culture.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Human Resources Manager – Talent manages the overall recruiting and hiring process to ensure searches are handled in an efficient and timely manner.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Oversight of recruitment database; set up and train hiring managers on the use of the recruitment database
- Work with hiring managers to create accurate job descriptions, define recruitment strategy, and create and post job ads
- Work with hiring managers to screen candidates, conduct interviews, and guide hiring decisions
- Work with hiring managers to ensure candidate references are checked; negotiate salary and prepare offer letter
- Works with external recruiters and maintains a strong network of contacts with similar non-profit advocacy and racial justice organizations to attract new talent
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the organization’s needs
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates
- Oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Manages the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, District, and local employment laws
- Maintain Recruitment records
- Attends and participates in career fairs and conferences to recruit talent
- Run analytics for recruitment processes and update processes accordingly
- Trains managers on Recruitment related topics and assists with other talent management initiatives as needed and
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Facilitates all Fellowship Program activities in coordination with the fellowship committee by planning, implementing, and coordinating fellowship programs’ applications, events, and educational activities
- Reviews and posts Fellowship descriptions to attract Fellows
- Takes an active leadership role in scheduling and facilitating meetings, conducting and coordinating conference calls, and checking/reviewing the Fellows’ work and progress on activities
- Creates and leads the Fellowship committee within the organization
- Fosters consistent interaction with the Fellows and managers to ensure a rewarding experience for the Fellows and
- Analyzes and evaluates Fellowship relationships, including program reviews measuring success and outcomes and recommending ways to improve the Fellowship program
Internship Program Management
- Manages the internship program working closely with the Director of People and Culture, managers, and intern supervisors
- Builds and maintains a database of student interns and partners, along with the development of surveys (pre- and post-internship)
- Works with intern supervisors to distribute internship opportunities through social media and other means
- Creates and leads an internship and placement committee within the organization
- Proactively recognizes opportunities for improvement and initiates effective strategies to improve the internship process
- Other duties as assigned and needed for the growth and development of a robust recruitment program at LCCRUL and
- Support, as needed, for implementing CBA provisions concerning the hiring and recruitment process
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business management, or other relevant field and at least 4 years preferred. Recruitment experience or a combination of education and experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Strong technical HR skills in applicant tracking and HR databases
- Proficiency in HR best practices and policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Detail oriented and able to work successfully under tight deadlines
- Able to work well independently while functioning as a member of a team and
- Comfort working in a diverse, racial justice organization
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Annette@MovementTalent.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Annual salary range is $105,000 to $120,000. Staff Benefits include Employer Sponsored (Medical, Dental, and Group Life & AD&D); Voluntary Benefits (Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Supplemental Life) coverage; the opportunity to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan, Voluntary Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Stipends (Cell Phone and Commuter/Parking Benefits); 12 paid Holidays; and Vacation/Sick days.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: The Lawyers’ Committee embraces diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply. The Lawyers’ Committee does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other status protected under law.
Accessibility Assistance: Although calls will not be accepted regarding questions about the position, if you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 202-662-8600 and ask for an applicant accommodation; send an email with the subject line “Applicant Accommodation” to email@example.com.
Important Vaccination Requirement: The Lawyers’ Committee requires employees to be fully vaccinated (including all eligible boosters) against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
To apply for this job email your details to Annette@MovementTalent.org