The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is seeking a full time Senior Community Advocacy Manager focused on behavioral health. The Senior Community Advocacy Manager is responsible for mobilizing CPEHN’s grassroots partners. This includes but is not limited to: managing CPEHN’s coalitions, organizing local events, providing research support for policy issues, managing behavioral health contracts, and participating in communications activities. They are responsible for maintaining efficient outreach, advocacy, and mobilization to support CPEHN’s policy agenda. The Senior Community Advocacy Manager will work collaboratively with advocacy and policy staff to support CPEHN’s networks and grassroots partners to advance our health systems and public health work. This position may be based anywhere in California. CPEHN maintains physical offices in Oakland and Sacramento. CPEHN has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy.
CPEHN is a statewide health policy organization focused on addressing racial and ethnic health disparities. CPEHN works closely with communities of color across the state to elevate local voices and health issues to state and local policymakers and help communities of color advance policy change and structural reform that creates equitable conditions for their communities.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is passionate about health equity and has experience working on behavioral health policy and building and maintaining partner relationships and has experience working with local partners. Our ideal candidate is someone who is an experienced facilitator and thrives working in a collaborative environment. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned advocate to apply their skills and be a part of a fantastic team working to improve health equity in communities of color in California.
- Ability to work within and across teams, title tiers, and offices
- Ability to work with grassroots partners and coalitions and integrate their voice in advocacy efforts
- Familiarity with health policy in California, issue area experience in behavioral health preferred
- Experience facilitating and planning in-person and virtual events
- Cultural humility and ability to understand issues impacting all communities of color
- At least five years of experience working in a community organizing or advocacy-related position, preferably at a nonprofit or community-based organization.
- At least three years of experience working on issues related to communities of color or working with communities of color.
Compensation and Benefits: $77,000 – $81,500 (DOE). Excellent benefits (100% employer paid health and dental insurance, retirement plan contributions, sabbatical leave, and more). CPEHN provides all employees with professional development funds to grow and hone skills relevant to their work.
To Apply: Submit your application in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Senior Community Advocacy Manager Application. Please include:
- Cover letter
- 1 writing sample (no longer than 2 pages).
CPEHN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com