MVP is a best-in-class advising platform connecting progressive donors to the most effective and promising grassroots organizations in the country working at the intersection of movements, community organizing, and elections. We aim to increase investment in frontline organizations led by the most impacted communities to increase turnout among the progressive base, build long-term political power, and ultimately to transform our country at the local, state, and national levels. In the 2020 cycle, MVP successfully moved over $120 million to over 600 local groups across the country, focused in the most critical states.
We are organizers, and the heart of our work is organizing donors through MVP to support local groups in order to build, sustain, and amplify their impact. We work in service of local groups, and we try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics of being a funder and to be careful about incentivizing actions that could alter an organization’s own priorities; we work hard not to impose on our partners. We are also striving to continuously scrutinize and dismantle the ways we manifest and reproduce white supremacy culture both internally and externally.
We focus on building from our assets, and taking a positive approach to growth and change that helps groups and donors to feel comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement. We believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem approach; we are always seeking opportunities to support and encourage collaboration among groups and donors.
As the Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for assisting in assuring the integrity of financial data in order to create timely and accurate reports. You are a team-player, are interested in the support of an organization through accurate financial data, and interested in being more than a data-entry clerk. You will report to the Controller and work closely with the Finance and Operations teams.
As the Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Bookkeeping for multiple entities
- Data/transaction entry into accounting systems using manual entry and template uploads
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Journal entries and month-end closing
- Accounts Payable
- Reconciliation with donor and grant-making CRMs
- Assist the Controller with:
- Financial reporting
- 1099 preparation
- Audit and Form 990 preparation
- Additional reporting and compliance support as needed
- Other finance and general operations duties as required
- Fluent in at least one type of accounting software
- At least four years of bookkeeping experience (Basic working knowledge of GAAP, Debits/Credits, Cash/Accrual)
- Excellent skills with Excel spreadsheets and Google Sheets
- Passion for supporting the stability and growth of an organization through the lens of accounting
- Ability to perform detailed work with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to assess when transactions may be inaccurate and work in collaboration to resolve
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality while working with sensitive information
- Strong organizational, analytical, and math skills.
- Fluent in or confident learning:
- Sage Intacct
- QuickBooks Online
- Certified Bookkeeper credential
- Experience with non-profits and or political organizations
We realize that some great candidates may not have every single thing on this list – that’s OK! If this job posting piques your interest, we encourage you to apply!
Location: Fully remote, with the possibility of occasional, optional travel for internal team gatherings. We strive to create a family-friendly work environment and will make accommodations for team members with limited ability to travel.
Compensation and hours: This is a part-time, hourly position, estimated average of 20 hours per week, with an hourly rate of $28-$34 per hour commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for both part-time sick and vacation leave and pro rated employee perks including but not limited to work-from-home and wellness stipends.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled – sooner is better.
Movement Voter Project isn’t just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. MVP does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, formerly incarcerated or convicted persons, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit glymph-consulting.breezy.hr.