Title: Chief Finance and Operations Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $160,000 – $170,000, annually
Work Schedule: Full Time Exempt
Location: Chicago IL, New York NY, Atlanta GA, and Washington, D.C. preferred. Remote within the U.S. will be considered, with the ability to maintain 9 AM to 5 PM East Coast hour
The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum (NAPAWF) is the only organization focused on building power with AAPI women and girls to influence critical decisions that affect our lives, our families and our communities. Using a reproductive justice framework, we elevate AAPI women and girls to impact policy and drive systemic change in the United States.
NAPAWF was founded in 1996 to realize the vision of 100 AAPI women who recognized the need for an organization that would amplify AAPI women’s stories and experiences. Being seen and heard in the public narrative gives us the power to shape the policy and cultural change needed to gain agency over our lives, families, and communities.
Today, we are mobilizing and building power in cities across the United States to create social, political, and economic change for AAPI women and girls. We also show up in solidarity for other women of color who are experiencing injustice and harms of oppression and marginalization.
Our work is focused in the following strategies:
- Policy and Structural Change
- Organizing and Civic Engagement
- Legal Advocacy and Judicial Strategy
We use the Reproductive Justice lens to intersectionality address three core issues:
- Reproductive Rights and Health
- Economic Justice
- Immigration and Racial Justice
Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Chief Finance and Operations Officer will be responsible for the development of NAPAWF’s financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the CFO will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission driven organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Lead the organization on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and finance and audit committees; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Executive Director informed of all critical issues.
Workforce Management / Team Development / Leadership
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance and human resources and operations teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Oversee the design and establishment of performance appraisal process, staff performance and development goals
- Ensure that the organization is up to date and compliant with Human Resource laws, practices, policies
- Lead on and manage employee and union relations
- Collaborate with Chief of Staff on culture and employee engagement
- Oversee financial planning, budget management, and accounting
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Provide guidance to senior managers on all budget and financial matters
- Oversee financial planning, budget management, and accounting
- Support the annual operalization of NAPAWF’s strategic goals
- Show up as a leader, with broad oversight, moving beyond singular tasks
- Business or Accounting degree preferred, a master’s in business administration or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior nonprofit management role
- Experience managing at least a $5M annual organizational budget
- Experience with nonprofit finance, compliance, and accounting regulations
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can manage multiple projects
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Good problem solver, with ability to anticipate and proactively address complex issues
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, NAPAWF’s board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for NAPAWF’s mission
- Personal resilience and emotional intelligence
This position is based in an office setting. Travel up to 25% of the time.
NAPAWF is committed to public health, and to the safety and well being of our colleagues and visitors. As such we have adopted a policy requiring all employees to receive all recommended COVID-19 vaccines and boosters or to apply for and receive an exemption.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary for the Chief Finance and Operations Officer is $160K – $170K commensurate with experience.
A highly competitive benefits package includes a 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance. NAPAWF’s medical plan is covered by NAPAWF at 100% for employees and dependents with no out of pocket costs, including prescription drugs costs. Qualified dependents may also be covered.
NAPAWF offers full-time employees 15 days of vacation in the first year, sick leave, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave, as well as paid vacation between December 25 and January 2 of each year.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com