ADHIKAAR MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
Mission Statement: Adhikaar, meaning “rights” in Nepali, is a women-led community and workers’ center that provides direct services to the Nepali-speaking community and organizes low-income workers and impacted community members to promote social justice and human rights. We create access to information, build community leadership, and grow collective power to win rights for our communities, and dignity and equity for all.
Vision Statement: Our vision is to build a powerful, diverse and intergenerational community that embraces our whole selves. We lift up and empower immigrants and workers through grassroots organizing and building political power so that all people can lead healthy and dignified lives.
- We create a safe and loving community that is a maiti ghar or home for our members.
- We hold ourselves accountable to our community including respecting the diversity of the Nepali-speaking communities.
- We build solidarity to create inclusive communities and pursue equity and justice for all.
- We center women leadership while creating a gender inclusive environment.
- We center the most impacted community members including low-income workers and limited literacy community members.
- We lead with integrity and respect as a foundation for our work as it embodies empathy, trust and love.
- We recognize all who contribute to building Adhikaar.
- In the face of adversity, we fight back, build power and grow leaders.
DESCRIPTION | CO-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Co-Executive Director (Co-ED) will join Co-Executive Director Narbada Chhetri, longtime staff member and current Director of Organizing and Programs at Adhikaar. The Co-Executive Directors, together, have overall responsibility to lead Adhikaar and oversee and manage all of Adhikaar’s staff, programs, development activities, and administration.
The Co-ED whom we seek should be an individual who can step into and co-lead this dynamic and evolving organization, who can lead with love and integrity, serve as a role model and mentor for staff, honor a membership base, and is a strategic fundraiser who can maintain and grow Adhikaar’s financial resources.
The Co-ED should be skilled in infrastructure development, change and growth management and organizational management, including fundraising, finance, budgeting, operations, human resources, governance, compliance and board matters.
The two Co-EDs of the organization will work together in joint leadership, with an examination and regular re-examination of each Co-ED job description as time progresses. There may be a re-balancing of duties and responsibilities to ensure equitable work distribution and shared leadership and oversight. The Co-EDs will work with the Board of Directors on designing and revising Co-ED job descriptions.
Adhikaar is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from Nepali-speaking women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org