Website Partnership for Growth LA
Mission: Partnership for Growth LA’s mission as a Black/Jewish community development corporation partnership is to catalyze generational community wellness and cooperative development among South and West Los Angeles through effective and replicable systems of addressing food insecurity and economic development.
Position Summary: Partnership for Growth LA is a recently established and rapidly growing organization. In 2022, PFGLA launched its Project Jubilee program, dedicated to supporting violence-impacted young adults with workforce training as well as high school diploma or GED attainment, through use of violence prevention and mentorship models. PFGLA seeks a Project Jubilee Program Manager to oversee the management and implementation of this program, including management of its reimbursement-based grant. The ideal candidate has significant experience with program management, and is passionate about social racial justice issues, including experience that has intersected with community-centered solutions, workforce training, economic opportunity, and/or education.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Plan and directly manage the program throughout its lifecycle, during active cohorts and in
- Lead program grant’s overall reporting and compliance requirements in coordination with the program’s funder, a reimbursement-based
- Manage the program’s budget, including spending and reporting requirements from the program’s
- Coordinate with program partner YouthBuild to deliver workforce training and education
- Oversee management of program team members, including volunteers, paid consultants and
- Create and nurture relationships with clients and community
- Work with program team members to create an environment that nurtures wellness, wholeness, connection, and
- Work with violence prevention specialists and consultants to administer programming that is specially tailored for violence impacted young
- Prioritize client relationship management; Create and maintain all program records, reports, presentations, and proposals.
- Manage communication with different stakeholders such as volunteers, consultants, and
- Manage risks and issues, including taking corrective actions and making adjustments as
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer to develop program goals, and monitor program’s progress and impact, during each cohort and over time. Ensure program outcomes and outputs are achieved and delivered on
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer on program items such as goal achievement, program updates, and support
- Work with the Evaluation specialist to develop evaluation plans and fine tune
- Manage use of evaluation tools (pre/post testing, intakes, and interviews).
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of project and program management methodology and techniques, as well as practical
- Knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation
- Knowledge of systemic and felt impacts of racism on communities in Los
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving
- Strong leadership and management
- Clear communication
- Creative thinker, creative problem
- Self starter – ability to seek guidance and make
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and tools
- Strong ability to work well with
- Strong ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong ability to anticipate program needs and plan
Education & Experience
- Associates or Bachelors degree, or equivalent training, certifications, and job
- 5+ years experience with managing programs and/or projects, including
- Experience with community and stakeholder
- Experience with federal or state government reimbursement-based grants
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Supervises: Program team including consultants, vendors, and volunteers
Compensation: Competitive benefits and compensation package, including $85,000 salary
To Apply: You must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Submissions that do not include a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- PFGLA is based in West Adams, Los Angeles, CA and serves parts of South and West
- Work is performed hybrid of teleworking, in an office setting and in the Must be able to move about with reasonable accommodations.
- Evening or weekend hours may be required on a rare as-needed
As an EOE/AA employer, the Partnership for Growth LA will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org